Here's to 2012! New Year = New Beginnings

By: Courtney

New Year = New Beginnings
I love starting a new year. It is amazing the difference one day can make.
It is a 
BRAND
NEW
YEAR!

I love the hope, inspiration, and encouragement that comes from new beginnings. We all want to be better versions of ourselves. And WHY NOT!?!?
While many of us are making new year’s resolutions of -
eating less & working out more
I want to challenge us all to consider resolutions or goals for the year that are within. Inside
Here are some goals for 2012 that would be a great idea for any of us....

Read my bible daily.
Study my bible. Dive deep into His word.
Memorize scripture.
Hold my tongue more.
Bicker less.
Gossip less.
Love more.
Give more.
Make a difference.
Volunteer.
Live on less. Spend less.
Less of me and more of Christ.
Be an encouragement to my family.
Work less.
Spend more time with family.
Share Christ more.
Every year I hear all the naysayers: “Why waste your time?” “Why set false expectations for yourself?” "These resolutions will be gone within a week." (Well, maybe if I lied to myself and made my resolution to Workout Daily.)
Oh, the naysayers....
Ick.
Get behind me naysayers!
WE can’t. But Christ CAN.
Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!   2 Corinthians 5:17 
No one is perfect. (Well, there was ONE...) None of us will reach perfection until heaven, so we should all be striving every year to improve.

I am not saying you have to have 30 resolutions and beat yourself up over not reaching all of them daily. 
Pick one.
Pick two.
Focus on these daily.  Not for a few days. Not for a week. Daily
I know January 1st has already come and gone but there are still 361 more days left this year.  Take some time with the Lord and be silent. Be diligent about earnestly seeking Him. Pray and ask Him what He would like you to focus on. Allow Him to lead you.
It’s a new Year! It can be a new you, a new me! Christ makes all things new!

Be encouraged.
Be inspired.
Dream.
HOPE.
One of my favorite lines from any song ever is Switchfoot’s “Always”
Hallelujah, every breath is a second chance
This new year means a second chance! A second chance to become a better version of ourselves. A second chance to live more like Christ. A second chance to live a changed life with a changed heart.
Allow Him to use you! Who knows where He will lead you!
I am so excited to see what Christ will do in our lives in 2012! For us, I know 2012 will change our lives drastically!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you. 1 Peter 1:3 & 4

Nici  – (January 8, 2012 at 8:40 PM)  

I am so excited for what 2012 has to hold for you guys too!!! Oh what an amazing calling motherhood is!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP