The Beauty in the Wait

By: Khylee Forgety
 

 The question I get asked the most often right now is "So, where are you now?"  And my answer is almost always "Still waiting." 

We are waiting on our approved home study to be mailed to us, waiting for certified copies of birth certificates to come in the mail, waiting to make appointments for psychological evaluations and blood work until other paperwork comes in so we don't have too much of a time lapse and thus make other documents void. 

In the middle of November our social worker from our agency sent us the long list of items we needed to start compiling for our dossier.  Some were simple things I had expected like letters of employment, copies of important life documents like birth certificates and marriage license, copies of our passports.  Others were not so expected like having to get a psychological evaluation and get all of the documents apostiled (I will save the definition of that for another post).  At first, I will be honest the list was overwhelming.  Overwhelming to the point that for about a week my type-A self was completely paralyzed.  I didn't know which document to start collecting first and so I couldn't seem to motivate myself to do anything. 


After a week of immobilization, some encouragement from fellow adoptive mothers and word from our agency that we could officially begin the dossier process we dove in headfirst.  Needless to say for the last month and half Adam and I been consumed in completing mounds of paperwork so that we can finally be on our agency's waitlist. Happy dance, happy dance, happy dance!!!

Last week while reading for advent I came across this sentence and scripture:

"Sometimes God has his people wait long so our gratitude becomes deeper and wider." Anne Voskamp

"But these things I plan won't happen right away.  Slowly, steadily, surely the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled.  If it seems slow wait patiently.  For it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

For a waiting momma's heart these words are giving me encouragement that I didn't even know I needed. I am clinging right now to each word, to each promise that this verse holds during this long season Adam and I are in of waiting for our children to come home! 

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP