Lord, take this hurt away. On second thought...

By Matt:

I want to start out by saying that this is my first blog. EVER!
There is a lot I want to say but don’t want to make it too long.
The Lord rocked my world this weekend as well as many others in this community when he brought us “His Little Feet.” It is an orphan choir that travels around the country promoting orphan awareness. There are four things you can do to help and I want to do all of them! 

Give. Sponsor. Go. Adopt.

Hopefully soon we can be four for four. 
We had the pleasure of hosting two of the most precious little boys I have ever met.
Javier was 11 years old from Honduras. He was loving, kind, & funny. Yabsira was 11 years old from Ethiopia. He was a boy’s boy. He liked wrestling, laughing, and scaring Courtney. Their sponsor who stayed with us was Uncle Aaron (more on him later).
This weekend was an emotional roller-coaster for all of us. When we first agreed to let them stay in our home, I thought we would cater to them and do “our good deed”.  Boy was I wrong. These boys touched our hearts and souls and we will never be the same. The words I type from here on out do not do justice to how I feel about these three who stayed with us and the organization as a whole. 
All of the children in the choir were amazing. They all had their own unique personalities and were so polite. They just wanted someone to love them. Let me say that differently. They just need someone to love them. It is amazing how close you can grow to someone in five days. I felt like when they got on the bus to leave, I was losing a part of me. The fire that burns within me now is solely consumed with helping orphans, giving to the needy, and being the hands and feet of Christ. I don’t have any other cares in the world at the moment and I hope it never goes away. I do not want to “move on” in a couple of weeks and go back to the status quo. This pain I feel inside of me makes me know that I am called to do something about this cause and I pray that it does not stop. In fact, I have been praying for this pain to remain so that I know a fraction of what these children must feel. There are kids out there who have no voice and have to survive on their own when they shouldn’t have to. We cannot solve the problem by ourselves but we can each do ONE thing! Or several things like I, and many others in this city that were affected by His Little Feet this weekend, plan to do. I don’t know what yet, but I now have a life mission. Something bigger than myself. 

During the His Little Feet performance, the choir sings and there is also a video shown. It is below. Please watch this video.




This hit very close to home. How can you watch that and not be moved??? That is my son that we are adopting! There were not very many dry eyes in the audience when they showed this. In fact, my eyes have not been dry ever since. I have cried while driving the past two days just thinking of the experience and how much love I felt for these two kids. These were only two kids out of 147 million in the world. They are no longer out of sight and out of mind. They are all I think about. These children were a representation of the millions of orphans in the world - and ALL of these orphans are God’s children!
We had some great talks with Aaron, the sponsor who stayed with us, and he is amazing beyond words, as well. We became really close to him, also. He is 20 years old and feels called to be a part of this phenomenal ministry. I have never met someone who had a stronger will to follow and live for the Lord than him. He motivated me to constantly pray. About everything!! I pray that he will continue to do what he is called to do because he was amazing. 
It was completely our pleasure to have them in our home this past weekend. Please take a look at their website (His Little Feet) and find out more about this ministry. I don’t really know how to close this and not sound like a crazy person. My life changed completely just from this weekend. I don’t quite know what I am supposed to do about it yet, but I do know I am going to do something. If not, I am ignoring them and I am ignoring God. I am ignoring the passion God has given me to help this cause. I will not stay in my comfortable bubble and expect the world to change. It starts with me. 

The O'Neal Family  – (February 24, 2012 at 5:23 PM)  

Well said Matt, you know we are in 100% agreement with everything you said and it makes me so happy to hear someone else writing and speaking out like this, we have never been the same over the past 2 yrs and this weekend heightened our feelings being belief! Thank you guys for being a great host home, we will be bringing them back every year!!!

The Kinabrew Family  – (March 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM)  

What an amazing story!!! Thank you for sharing this. Aaron sent us this link so we could read what God is doing in and through you guys. Thank you for opening your home to HLF and caring for the physical needs of the boys and Aaron. Aaron said you were his favorite host home!!! I will keep praying for your journey and keeping up with you on this blog. May you continue to heed the call of the Lord and wait for His plans and timing. He is so worthy to be praised and honored. Again, thank you....may the Lord allow our paths to cross someday. If you are ever in California, please come stay with us. It would be such a pleasure. Love Denise Kinabrew

The Forgety and Folsom Families  – (March 23, 2012 at 2:10 PM)  

Denise,
That is so nice! Thank you very much! I can promise you, the pleasure was all ours! We constantly pray for him and the ministry itself. You should be more than proud of the young man you have raised. If our little boy is half as spiritually led as Aaron, I would be so proud. Thank you for the prayers and he and your family deserves every blessing that comes your way!
Love Matt & Courtney

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP